The 2016 Fellowship application is now closed.
Selection Process and Timeline
– March 18, 2016: Deadline to submit an application
– April 2016: Phone or Skype interviews
– May 2016: In-person interviews. Finalist selection.
– October/November 2016: United States Visit
– February 2017: In-Pakistan Meetings
Criteria and Eligibility
We are looking for successful, driven, diverse applicants from a broad range of personal and professional backgrounds from across the country. We are searching for individuals who are passionate about bringing about social change in Pakistan, and who creatively tackle violent narratives and promote inclusion in their communities. We want to know what you’ve done, what you’re currently doing, and what your aspirations are for the future.
You are eligible for the fellowship if you are:
– Between 18 and 30 years of age
– A citizen of Pakistan, residing in Pakistan
– Willing and able to travel to the United States
– Able to communicate (written & oral) in English
– No previous travel to North America or Europe
Your application will be evaluated on the following criteria:
– Proven commitment to public service, social entrepreneurship, and/or civic engagement
– Demonstrated record of leadership
– Articulation of future goals
– Quality of responses to short answer essay questions
– Quality of recommendations
In order to apply for this opportunity, completed applications must be received by the Atlantic Council’s South Asia Center by March 18, 2016. Responses cannot be saved in the electronic application form. We highly recommend drafting short answers in a separate document and copying final versions into the application form to prevent losing work.